Map of the Week No. 436 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." The map shows the village of Woodcut in the vampire-ruled North Kingdom.
Key to the Map:
1. Mill Pond
2. Deepwood Creek
3. Mill Stream
4. Plateau Ridge
5. Transient Camping Area
6. Watchtowers. These control entries and exits from the town proper. Note that the transient camping area (No. 5) is outside of the control area.
7. Baronial Castle
8. Military Garrison.
9. Baronial Sawmill. The complex includes a lumber yard with four drying sheds on the northwest side of the mill and an outhouse. The miller Ilja, a human male artisan, his wife Jaromíra, a human female commoner, and their children live in the baronial apartments. Their journeyman miller and apprentices live in rooms on the mill's second story.
10. Bětka's house. Bětka, the baron's first minister and a human female merchant, lives with her servants in the former baronial house.
11. Cobbler Tomio. Tomio, a human male artisan, and his wife Rút, a human male cobbler, live on the upper story.
12. Kamilova Complex. Going from left to right on the map, the complex consists of a large stable and wagon shed combination and the headquarters building. Station manager Kvido, human male merchant-warrior, lives with his wife Lidunka on the building's second story. The unmarried teamster foreman Horymir has lodgings on the third floor. There also two guest rooms on the third floor that are reserved for transient caravan leaders of the Kamilova.
13. Magdička's Wagons. Master Wainwright Magdička, a human female artisan, makes and repairs wag-ons of all sorts, from heavy timber wagons to small carts and wheelbarrows. She works alone and lives alone in an apartment above the business.
14. Baronial Apartments. This is housing provided by the baron for those who work in his operations and their families. The house mistress, who has an apartment of her own, is the human female merchant Sonička.
15. Baronial Stables. Baron Jarka no longer rides, but the baronial operation still has riding horses for first minister Bětka and others who work for the baron.
16. Baronial Distillery. One the barony's important income sources is the distillery, the only one in the kingdom, which produces a variety of spirits that are distributed throughout the kingdom. The master distiller is Radeček, a human male artisan. He and his wife live in the baronial apartments.
17. House of Satisfaction. This is Baron Jarka's famed bordello. Fourteen human slaves from Vétrnývlast work as the ladies and gentlemen of the night. They all are commoners, nine female and five male. Because there is no jail in Woodcut, they also provide blood for vampires
18. Healer Jenda.
19. Deepwood Tavern. The tavern is run by tavernkeep Gustík, his wife and brew-wife Eliška and their unmarried daughters, Markéta and Věra. The tavern complex includes a large woodshed and an outhouse. Markéta is the chief cook. Věra helps her, when necessary. Otherwise, Věra and Eliška wait on customers. Gustík handles the tap. The kitchen produces good quality dishes, mostly forest venison and boar, at prices ranging from 8 copper pieces to 2 silver pieces. A pint/half-liter tankard of house beer costs 2 copper pieces. The entire family lives on the tavern's 2nd story.
20. Deepwood Tavern Brewhouse. The small brewery is run by brewwife Eliška, a human female artisan and wife of tavernkeep Gustík (Location No. 20). She brews a typical, light bottom-fermented lager beer.
21. Saskie's Shop. The store sells general merchandise and some produce. Widow Saskie, a human female merchant runs the store and is believed to own it. The Kamilova are the real owners. The store specializes in goods brought to Woodcut by the Kamilova. Saskie lives in an apartment above the store.
22. Kubik's Bakery. Master Baker Kubik, a human male artisan, and his wife Lidka, a human female merchant, provide Woodcut with bread and other baked goods. Kubik and Lidka live in an apartment above the store.
23. Butcher Lumírek. Master Butcher Lumírek, a human male artisan, and his wife Květoslava, a human male merchant, provide Woodcut with sausage and smoked meats. Lumírek and Květoslava live in an apartment above the shop.
24. Tomio's Smithy. Master Blacksmith Tomio is very good at his own trade but only average when it comes to repairing weapons, which he will do somewhat reluctantly. He will not accept contracts to make weapons. The smith employs two journeyman smiths, both human males, and a human female apprentice. Tomio, a bachelor who visits the House of Satisfaction somewhat regularly after work, lives alone in an apartment above the smithy.
25. Karlík's Farm.
26. Zdeněk's Farm
27. Grazing Meadow. Karlík and Zdeněk share the meadow and the fields on the north edge of town. The meadow and the fields belong to the baron.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format (43 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 1020 Pixels (720 KB) with the link below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next Week: Deepwood Tavern Cellar