Map of the Week No. 379 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." This week we look at the upper floor of the fortress' castle.
The castle hardly ever has seen any use. The Great Wars ended with Martröð's fall and destruction not too long after he had placed the red draug Ragnheiður in the fortress. In postwar times Ragnheiður spent almost all her time in the fortress in her well-protected subterranean dungeon lair. She hardly ever entered the castle nor did any of her servants.Thus, except for the dust covering things, almost nothing has changed in the structure since it was built.
Key to the Floor Plan:
1. Grand Staircase to Ground Floor.
2. Magical Light Tunnel. The area behind the light tunnel is an area for daylight-intolerant draugs. Magic prevents more than one of the two doors from being opened at the same time..
3. Draug Chamber. A chamber and magic library for light-intolerant draugs. This area is without windows.
4. Watch Command.
5. Ladder to Top Tower Floor.
You can get this floor plan in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format (9.8 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 600 Pixels (380 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Black Fortress Castle Tower