Map of the Week No. 368 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." This week we look at the Black Fortress where the red draug (undead) Teitur lairs.
Key to the Map:
1. Darkblood Creek. The creek's source is about 10 miles northwest of the fortress. It flows into the River Fjörm east of Darkgate.
2. Wooden Footbridge. The sturdy bridge is about 10 feet/3 meters wide.
3. Trail Remnants.
4. Wall, Gate and Towers. The stone wall is 20 feet/6 meters high and 10 feet/3 meters thick. The five watch towers usually are unmanned, but they will be manned by two orcs each at times when there is an alarm status. The towers are 30 feet/9 meters high. The gate is mapped separately-
5. Garrison. The orcs lair is here. All ceilings are 12 feet/360 cm high. Mapped separately.
6. Stall. Teitur's blacksteed is kept in the larger building. The ogress Jónbjört quarters in the smaller second building. Mapped separately.
7. The Keep. Six orc warriors keep the watch atop the tower at all times. The stone tower is 40 feet/12 meters high. The orcs have an alarm horn. Mapped separately.
8. Hybrid Stone and Wood Bridge.
9. Fortress Castle. This building is mostly unused today.
10. Wizards' Tower. The two draugs (undead), Hjarnar and Gunna, dwell here. The tower is sealed except for a door on the ground floor. It has no windows or other openings.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format (17 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 1020 Pixels (720 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Black Fortress Gate