Map of the Week No. 334 is from the Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." It shows the the third level of the demon Thren's dungeon beneath the salt mine.
Key to the Dungeon Plan
1. Bedrock. These are the level's solid walls.
2. Lower Terrace. This level averages about 10 feet/3 meters higher than the cavern's main floor.
3. Upper Terrace. This level averages about 20 feet/6 meters higher than the cavern's main floor.
4. Stairs to Level 2.
5. Orc Barracks. 200 orc warriors once were stationed here. The non-animated skeletons of their starved bodies now are piled in the middle of the area's floor.
6. Prison. Whom the high draug and his minions kept prisoner here is unknown except that all were human. Their skeletons still occupy the scattered cages and gibbets.
7. Pit Traps. There is a runic inscription on the wall that says "endalaus dauði" (Endless Death). Anyone who steps on the area of the path beneath this inscription without saying the kenning "endalaus dauði" will trigger the trap, for a fall into a stone pit 20 feet/6 meters deep.
8. Wooden Footbridge. The bridge is safe.
9. Waterfall. The water pours out of a tunnel opening in the cavern wall that is 30 feet/9 meters wide. Because of the water pressure, it is impossible to move upward through the tunnel.
10. Underground Creek. Inhabited by cave butcherfish.
11. Underground Pond. Inhabited by cave butcherfish. The outflow at the end pours into a descending tunnel 30 feet/9 meters wide. Because of the water pressure, it is impossible to move downward through the tunnel.
12. Stairway to Level 4. The stairway is not guarded.
You can get this battlemap in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (9.5 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As JPG flat map of 1360 x 910 Pixels (490 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Thren's Dungeon Level 4