The 328th Map of the Week is from the Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." It is a battlemap showing the second level of the abandoned dwarven dungeon beneath the salt mine.
Key to the Floor Plan:
1. The Entry. The narrow stairway from above ends here.
2. Storage. Sacks and wooden barrels can be seen here.
3. Working area and jakes. Workbenches with tools, a water well and an anvil stand here, along with a jakes.
4. Working area. Workbenches with tools stand here. There are wooden chandeliers with candles above.
5. Working area. There is a coal pile, a small work table with tools, a large anvil on a wooden block and a sizeable furnace with smelting pot and bellows. The chimney of the furnace is partly caved in. The rubble of the cave-in covers parts of the furnace and the floor around it. In the north wall behind the work table is a passage 6 feet/180 cm wide.
6. Working Area and Elevator Shaft. At the end of the passage to the north, one finds a large shaft, some 13 x 13 feet/4 x 4 meters in size with walls 10 feet/3 meters high. There is a doorway-type opening in the south wall but no door. The shaft descends into the darkness below. By all appearances, this seems to be an elevator shaft similar to that in the salt mine, except that this shaft still was being constructed at the time the dungeon was abandoned. To the left or west side of the shaft is another work table with tools and to the right or east side is a construction scaffold with a wooden ladder. On the floor behind the scaffold is a large bronze gear that is somewhat corroded.
7. Stairway to Level 3. The northern wall ends at this point. Room 5 opens onto an area 32 x 48 feet/10 x 15 meters in size. On the south wall is a closed metal chest. In the northern part of the room is another descending stairway, some 15 x 15 feet/5 x 5 meters in size. The steps are 3 feet/90 cm wide. There are fresh torches on the walls.
You can get this battlemap in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (4.2 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As JPG flat map of 1360 x 1020 Pixels (710 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Dwarven Dungeon Level 3