The 321st Map of the Week is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." It shows Ljuba's Hall on Level 6, the lowest level, of the salt mine. Ljuba is the current "queen of the mine."
Key to the Map of Ljuba's Hall
In their first encounter with Ljuba, the PCs are unlikely to see anything of her hall except the entryway (unnumbered), the Throne Room (areas 3 and 4) and the storage room (Area 9).
1. Ljuba's Kitchen. The two rose-tinted salt golems always are on guard at the shown location.
2. Ljuba's Bedchamber. The four rose-tinted salt golems always are on guard at the shown location.
3. The Throne Room. The six rose-tinted salt golems always are on guard at the shown location. The "throne" and the raised dais were made by Yrsa before Ljuba was captured.
4. Strewn Blue-Tinted Salt.
5. Yrsa's Magic Circles. The two rose-tinted salt golems always are on guard at the shown location. Cold flames always burn magically in the six braziers. Ljuba never uses this chamber and does not know for what Yrsa intended the two circles.
6.-8. Ljuba's Sorceress's Lab. The two rose-tinted salt golems always are on guard at the shown location. This was Yrsa's lab. In her later years, she shared it with Ljuba, and Ljuba took it over after Yrsa's death. In Area 6 are two bookshelves that contain Ljuba's own magical documenta-tion and some magical objects. Area 7 is the lab area. A dead orc is on the table. At Location 8 is a door to the storage area that has been bolted shut permanently. Ljuba slaughters such bodies, using some parts for her magic. Some of the muscles will be cut into meat to eat.
9. Mine Storage Area. The rose-tinted salt golems always are on guard at the shown locations. Ljuba makes no use of this area. It contains some old mining equipment, a large pile of treasure that Yrsa had accumulated, three chests with magical scrolls that were Yrsa's and four book-shelves with Yrsa's spellbooks and spell ingredients.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (11 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As JPG flat map of 1360 x 605 Pixels (450 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Salt Mine Barracks