|Description:||First of all, apologies to users for our delays with Maps of the Week. We're doing a large remodeling project here. Two weeks ago, the people doing the work unintentionally cut us off from our LTE antenna that we use for high-speed Internet connections. As a result, our Internet access had been limited to a telephone line connection at 384 KBps, which is useless for uploading maps many megabytes in size. The antenna connection is repaired now, but then we began an overhaul of our website on server level that unexpectedly and erroneously closed our FTP upload channel for about a week. For the time being, it's business as usual again. However, in the next two weeks, we'll be switching to a new, high-powered network server and upgrading our network to power line service instead of Ethernet and WLAN connections, so further delays are possible until mid-June.
The 305th Map of the Week is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." It shows a cross-section of the salt mine.
1. PCs' Entrance.
2. Old Mine Entrance.
3. Mining Halls.
4. Hydraulic Elevator. (Made earlier by dwarves).
5. Caved-In Shafts.
6. High, Natural Salt Cave, about 400 feet/120 meters high.
7. Storage Shed.
8. Ljuba's House. Once the main subterranean office of the minemaster.
9. Waterwheel House. The waterwheel, or the little that's left, is rubble.
10. Subterranean Salt Lake. (Lake of Tears).
11. Subterranean River. The Salt Flood.
12. Entry Shaft to Óðinn's Foundry Site, (Óðinn's Dungeon).
13. Sealed Entrance to the Foundry Site.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (1.2 MB).
2. As a JPG flat map of 3000 x 2250 Pixels (2.1 MB), available below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Mine Level 2