Jörðgarð Map of Week #135 - Millstream Inn
|Description:||With the 135th Map of the Week we take a look at Pavel's Mill, a derelict village on the River Storming in Grainland County that hardly would exist if it wasn't for the 3200-man military garrison there.
Key to the Floor Plan of the Millstream Inn
The Millstream Inn has one of the largst footprints among Slovánski hostelries. Its foundation – 100 x 40 feet/30 x 12 m – traces back to the ruins of the old Æsir Landamæra Veitingahús (Border Inn) that stood where the Mill-stream Inn now is. However, the Æsir hostelry was quite a bit smaller than Vendelin's inn. Where there now is a kitchen, the Æsir had a horse stable for visitors' mounts. The 2nd story of this 30-foot/9-m wing on the inn's north side was a hay loft. Only the southern 70 feet/21 m served as a public room, with guest rooms on the 2nd story.
When the county military claimed the ruin and restored it, the entire ground floor was turned into a mess hall and kitchen, somewhat like the current layout. There were plans to turn the 2nd story into officers' quarters, but these never were realized. The 2nd story remained empty until Sáva bought and remodeled the building. He constructed the guest rooms in much the manner that we find them today.
In the years after Sáva's death, the inn became rundown again, with its condition deteriorating until the current owner – Vendelin – acquired it. He repaired and restored it, making it into a comfortable but non-luxurious hostelry, and he added a 3rd story to the complex, which includes his apartment and three rental apartments.
2. Trapdoor to Storage Cellar (not mapped).
3. Beer tap.
4. Public Room.
5. Main Entrance.
6. Common Jakes. These are the jakes for users of the public room, guestes on the 2nd story and the aparment dwellers on the 3rd story.
7. Side Entrance for Guests and Dwellers in the 3rd Story Apartments. The door opposite this one, which opens onto the public room, is locked during hours when the public room is closed.
8. Stairs to 2nd Story.
8. Stairs to Ground Floor.
9. Stairs to 3rd Story Apartments. The door at the top of the stairs always is locked. (The 3rd story has not been mapped.)
10. Guest Rooms. The numbers in parentheses are the room numbers.
11. Bath. A bath costs two bronze pieces. The chamber maids prepare it.
12. Broom Closet.
You can get these floor plans in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (6.3 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As two JPG flat maps of 1360 Pixels x 540 Pixels each, (460 KB), available with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next Week: Václav's Mill
The Vintyri (TM) Project
Celebrating 20 Years of RPG Freeware