[nbos] [FM8] Joerdhgardh Map of Week #207 Released"Mark Oliva" Sun Jun 7th, 2015
The 207th Map of the Week shows the floors of the tower of draug (undead)
Baron Haukvaldur the ruins of the AEsir village of Weathercrown. These
floor plans detail a specific encounter in the Joerdhgardh (TM) adventure
"Too Many Clues". In this encounter, the PCs have a chance to destroy the
two top draugs in Weathercrown, the baron, who is a black necromancer, and
his troop Commander Thordhur. The only means for entering the tower is
throught the Weathercrown dungeon (last week's Map of the Week).
Key to the Tower Dungeon Plans
Above Dungeon Level:
1. The Trapdoor from the dungeon level.
2. Chests. This baron's treasury. The chests contain old AEsir coins -
mostly gold pieces - with a total value of 20,000 GP.
3. Stone Spiral Staircase. Leads upward.
4. Wooden Door, not locked.
The Way Upward:
5. The Stairs Upward. The stairway ascends to a height of 50 feet/15 meters
before reaching the draug baron's chamber. The windows and arrow slits of
the tower all have been bricked shut and all floors between the ground level
and the baron's chamber have been removed. At 40 feet/12 meters height,
there is a large door opening that has been bricked shut. If the PCs manage
to break this open, draugs will be unable to ascend and descend during
daytime hours because daylight will come through the opening.
The Baron's Chamber:
6. The Stairs Upward. See No. 5 above.
7. Baron Haukvaldur
8. Commander Thordhur
9. Bookcases and Desk. The bookcases are mostly empty, but they do still
hold a few parchment tomes on black necromantic magic as well as ledger
books dealing with the collection of taxes and tithes going back to the time
of the fallen AEsir Empire.
10. The Baron's Necromantic Workbench. Various spell components and a spell
book with the baron's known black necromantic spells are on the workbench.
12. Ladder to Upper Level. This ladder leads to the top level of the tower,
where a wooden stairway leads to a trapdoor that opens onto its roof. The
top level originally had been used as a watchpost and guard level, but its
openings all have been bricked shut. The trapdoor to the roof is not locked.
This level, not shown on the floor plans, is empty.
You can get these dungeon plans in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (6.5 MB)
from the Joerdhgardh website.
2. As three JPG flat maps of 1360 x 1360 Pixels each (2 MB), available with
the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open
Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerdhgardh website at:
Next Week: The Fallen Empire
Webmaster, the Vintyri Project (TM)
Internet: http://www.vintyri.org <http://www.vintyri.org>
E-Mail: info-at-vintyri.org <mailto:info-at-vintyri.org>
The Vintyri Project is a non-commercial service
Nbossoftware mailing list