Jörðgarð Map of the Week #437 - Deepwood Tavern Cellar
|Description:||Map of the Week No. 437 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." The map shows the cellar of the Deepwood Tavern in the village of Woodcut in the vampire-ruled North Kingdom. Most ofd the cellar is the living quarters of the waiter Ludvik, who really is an assassin in the service of the devil Gadreel. The rest is a storage areak of the tavern.
Key to the Floor Plans of the Tavern
Cellar – Ludvik's Rooms.
1. Entrance. The door is on ground level. It opens inward. Above the entryway is a large bell. If anyone attempts to enter when Ludvik is there, i.e. when the traps are secured, the bell will sound loudly as soon as someone or something crosses the threshold.
2. Main and Gas Traps. The large jug contains a deadly gas. Next to it, on the wall, is a small lever. When Ludvik is not in the chamber, all traps are set. If the lever is pulled downward, it will deactivate the trap. There is a time delay trap on the jug. If an intruder enters and the lever has not been pulled down-ward within one round, the flask will explode and release the gas.
5. Bookshelf. It contains scrolls, parchments and books the deal with poisons and the properties of plants.
6. Table. Upon it are four books relating to poisons and a map of the greater area surrounding Mýtina.
7. Target and Target Area Markings. Ludvik uses this area for short range weapon target practice and particularly for his blowguns. The red lines painted onto the rock floor represent 5-10-15 feet/150-300-450 cm.
8. Weapons Rack.
9. Spiked Weight Trap. If the door is opened when the bedroom traps are set, the spiked weight will be released as soon as a person steps onto the floor beneath it.
10. Cabinets. They contain stored poisons and ingredients for making poisons.
11. Firing Hole. This is a metal cylinder in the wall, about 6 inches/15 cm in diameter. Ludvik can shoot a blowgun through the hole if intruders make it into the outer chamber. Ordinarily this hole is covered with a thick, locked, wooden door on the inner side.
12. Alchemist's Workbench. Ludvik keeps a 24-inch/60 cm long blowgun under the bench, along with a supply of darts coated with a deadly poison.ge.
13. Water Well.
14. Chest. It contains Ludvik's treasure, about 25,000 Æsir gold pieces. The chest is protected with a complex poison needle trap.
15. Trap Lever. This lever is identical to the one at Location No. 2. It also will activate or deactivate all traps.
Cellar – Tavern Storeroom.
16. Storage Area. The shelves contain food items, cleaning material and spare tankards, plates, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
17. Stairway to the Kitchen.
18. Well Shaft. The top of the well is in the kitchen.
You can get the floorplan in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format (5.9 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 860 Pixels (590 KB) with the link below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next Week: Deepwood Tavern Ground Floor