Jörðgarð Map of the Week #385 - Black Fortress Dungeon Overview
|Description:||Map of the Week No. 385 is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "A Tale of 2 Books." This week we take a first look at the dungeon overview for game masters.
Key to the Game Master's Dungeon Plan for Level 1
1. – 5. Cave Mouth Numbers.
6. Cave No. 1. A harmless dummy.
7. Cave No. 2. Dummy that leads to a chamber with a trapped dragon.
8. Steep Stairs that lead to the dragon. The stairs descend 5 feet/150 cm for every 5 feet/150 cm for-ward.
9. Dragon's Chamber.
10. Cave No. 3. A seeming guard room with two orc skeletons on benches and an empty shelf to the rear. This cave is another harmless dummy.
11. Cave No. 4. It ends with a statue of a spellcaster. This actually is a statute of Martröð, but it's doubtful the PCs will know that. Behind the statue is another bonze double door that opens onto the tunnel to the true dungeon, the Kompa Rauðdraugur.
12. Steep Stairway. The stairs descend 5 feet/150 cm for every 5 feet/150 cm forward.
13. Fire Pit. This is a 20 x 20-foot/6 x 6-meter shaft that descends 100 feet/30 meters. A flame can be seen on the bottom of the shaft 100 feet/30 meters below. If the PCs or any other object tries to cross the shaft, a huge flame will spring up from below, causing substantial damage.
14. Stairway. The stairs also descend 5 feet/150 cm for every 5 feet/150 cm forward, reaching a depth of 50 feet/15 meters below the surface.
15. Spiral Staircase to Dungeon Level 2.
You can get this dungeon plan in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format (12.1 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 910 Pixels (530 KB) with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Black Fortress Dungeon Entry