Jörðgarð Map of the Week #316 - The Great Hall
|Description:||The 316th Map of the Week is from the forthcoming Jörðgarð Trails adventure "In the Salt Mine." It shows the Great Hall a huge, natural underground cavern in the mine. Ledges were cut into the walls, and the mining cart tracks wind around them. Scaffolding was constructed along the walls to make the mining of the salt possible. Only normal rock salt and no charged salts were found in this area. It still was being worked at the time that the Æsir fled the mine.
Key to the Map of the Great Hall
1. Elevator Shaft with Wooden Foot Bridge.
2. Stairway and Slide to the Lower Hall.
3. Shafts of the Wells in Óðinn's Forge.
4. Mining Scaffolding.
5. Mining Area and Stairs to the Lower Mining Levels of the Great Hall.
6. Depths of the Great Hall. This hall is a natural cave that is open down to Mine Level 6, with a height of about 400 feet/120 meters. The floor of Level 6 is 380 feet/114 meters below the entry to the Great Hall. The ceiling of the cave averages a height of 20 feet/6 meters above Level 4. The Æsir had scaffolding along the walls from top to bottom at intervals of about 20 feet/6 meters. These are connected by wooden stairs. Each interval has a mining car with a crane intended to lower salt to the next level, and Levels 4 and 5 have cranes that were to retrieve salt from or lower salt to a level where it could be transported to the elevator by mining cart.
You can get this maps in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (1.2 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As JPG flat map of 1360 x 565 Pixels (340 KB) with they hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Mine Level 5