Jörðgarð Map of Week #150 - Thór's Hill Inn
|Description:||With the 150th Map of the Week we take a look at the Thór's Hill Inn in the Slovanian village of Grainmill.
Key to the Floor Plan of the Thór's Hill Inn
In Æsir times, the inn not only was frequented by the warrior-god Thór but it also belonged to him. Thór values solidity, and that also was expressed in the construction of his Newhome House, as the inn was called in his time. There are many sructures in Slovania that have stone walls, but few have stone floors. Inner walls and floors almost always are made of wood. Both the outer walls and the floors of the Thór's Hill Inn all are made of stone-hewn brick a foot/30 cm thick.
When the Slovánska came to the ruins of Æsir Newhome and began restoring the village as Grainmill, they found the stone floors and outer walls of the old inn still intact. The wooden lattice work that supported the clay roofing tiles had rotted and caved in, and the inner walls and remaining furnishings all were in various states of decomposition, but restoration still was easier then for many other structures. Today's inn has a storage cellar (not mapped), a public room and kitchen on the ground floor, guest rooms on the 2nd and 3rd stories and private quarters for innkeeper Jakub and his family and for the cook Andrea on the 4th story (not mapped). Secondary buildings include the brewhouse and the horse stable, which is attached to the main inn building. There is a door leading directly from the stable to the inn's public room.
1. Main Entrance.
2. Door to the Horse Stable.
3. Broom Closet. The two offal shafts lead from the jakes on the 2nd and 3rd stories.
6. Kitchen. The offal shaft leads from the jakes on the 4th story.
7. Trapdoor to Storage Cellar (not mapped).
8. Stairway from the Ground Floor to the 2nd and 3rd Stories.
10. Guest Lobby. The offal shaft leads from the jakes on the 3rd story.
11. Guest Rooms. The numbers in parantheses are the room numbers.
12. Broom Closet. The offal shaft leads from the jakes on the 4th story.
13. Stairway to the 4th Story Private Quarters (not mapped).
14. Guest Lobby.
16. Guest Rooms. The numbers in parantheses are the room numbers.
17. Broom Closet. The offal shaft leads from the jakes on the 4th story.
You can get these floor plans in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (9.2 MB) from the Joerðgarð website.
2. As three JPG flat map of 960 Pixels x 1360 Pixels each, (1.8 MB), available with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerðgarð website at:
Next Week: Grainmill - High Hammer Tavern
The Vintyri (TM) Project
Celebrating 20 Years of RPG Freeware