Jörðgarð Map of Week #102 - Last House Inn
|Description:||With the 102nd Map of the Week we look at the Last House Inn in the village of Slovanian village of Storm Fortress.
Key to the Floor Plan of the Last House Inn
Cellar (not mapped): The cellar serves only as a storage area.
1. Rear Door.
3. Public Room.
4. Double Hearth.
5. Beer Tap and Inn Desk. This not only is the place where tankards are filled but also the office for the inn. Rooms are booked and room bills are paid here. The black circular object shown near the rear wall is the shaft from the second story jakes.
7. Cellar Door.
8. Front Entrance.
10. Jakes and Bath. Baths must be reserved at the beer tap on the ground floor (Location No. 5). The chambermaid prepares the bath water.
11.-17. Available Guest Rooms. The second digit is the room number, i.e. No. 11 is Room No. 1, No. 12 is Room No. 2, etc. Each room has a single bed, a night stand, a foot locker, a wardrobe, a dresser, two carpets, several candles and a table with three chairs.
18. Oleg's Room (No. 8). Mageir, the 786-year-old human male ranger who is known as Oleg and who is a secret operative of the Northern Circle rents this room on a permanent basis. Oleg spends only about a third of his time here and the rest wandering in Southwood Forest. It's quite dangerous to enter his room uninvited. The chambermaid has been told not to clean the room or enter it, and she has no key for it. The door handle is trapped with an advanced sleep spell that can be unleashed once every five-second round. It affects anyone who touches the door handle or lock. The trap is in the form of a small symbol engraved into the plate of the lock:
This first trap only puts a victim to sleep. If one succeeds in getting past this trap, things become more deadly. The second symbol, engraved into the wood-burning stove, unleashes an automatic Destruction spell upon anyone who is within the room and comes within two spaces of the stove. Oleg can deactivate this magic if he wishes to do so. Defenses against these spells:
Sleep: In the Dungeons Daring game, the effect of this spell can be resisted with a successful Stamina check against DL 30. In OGL 3.5 games, the effect can be resisted with a successful saving throw for Will against DC 30.
Destruction: Neither in the Dungeons Daring game nor in OGL 3.5 games can this spell be resisted. Anyone hit by the spell automaticall suffers its full effects.
You can get this floor plan in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable, from our Jörðgarð web page (13 MB).
2. Two JPG flat maps of 1360 Pixels x 1060 Pixels each (1 MB), available with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Watergate Tavern
The Vintyri (TM) Project
Celebrating 20 years of RPG freeware