[nbos] [FM8] Joerdhgardh Map of Week #190 Released"Mark Oliva" Sun Feb 8th, 2015
With the 190th Map of the Week, we take a look at a typical underground safe
camp used by draugs (undead) in Slovania's Border March to shelter
themselves from daylight, which is deadly to them. Draug raiding parties in
the Border March usually comprise a low-level draug sorcerer and three or
four orc warriors. Most safe camps that the orcs build for their draug
leaders are identical. Therefore, this can be used as a template for all
Key to the Safe Camp Dungeon Plan:
1. A safe camp is entered by a vertical shaft about 20 feet/6 meters deep
ending at a crude wooden door.
2. Directly behind the door the orcs build a wooden barrier that helps
shield them from attackers. They shoot arrows across the barrier at anyone
trying to enter.
3. Orc sleeping area. At least one orc always is on guard.
4. Draug's corner. (Draugs do not sleep.)
5. Supplies & debris.
You can get the full-sized dungeon plan in two versions from the Joerdhgardh
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (2.3
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 Pixels x 980 Pixels (510 KB).
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open
Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerdhgardh website at:
Next Week: Brigands
Webmaster, the Vintyri Project (TM)
Internet: http://www.vintyri.org <http://www.vintyri.org>
E-Mail: info-at-vintyri.org <mailto:info-at-vintyri.org>
The Vintyri Project is a non-commercial service
Celebrating 20 Years of RPG Freeware
Nbossoftware mailing list