[nbos] [FM8] Joerdhgardh Map of Week #185 Released"Mark Oliva" Sun Dec 21st, 2014
The 185th Map of the Week is our last for 2014. After today, we'll be
starting our annual Christmas break, returning with No. 186 on January 11.
This week we take a look at a typical military closed camp in Slovania's
Border March. The camps provide a guarded campground for travelers on the
road from Ódhinn's House to Sentinel City in areas where there are no
village or hostelries with accomodations.
Key to the Closed Camp Map
1. Cleared Area
3. Raised Flank
5. Gatehouse over the Drawbridge
6. Semaphore. The wooden tower is 60 feet/18 meters high. When the
militiamen wish to warn surrounding areas, they light a large fire atop the
tower. The fire platform is made of bronze, to prevent the tower from
7. Camping Area. Non-military travelers can lay out their sleeping bags
and build their campfires here. Tents are allowed only when the occupancy
is low enough that there is room for them.
8. Horse Shed. Reserved for the horses of the militiamen.
9. Detachment House. Reserved for the permanent civilian caretakers and
10. Watchtower. The wooden tower is 70 feet/21 meters high.
11. Palisade Wall. The wall is 20 feet/6 meters high.
You can get this map in two versions from the Joerdhgardh website:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (11 MB).
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 Pixels x 1020 Pixels, (500 KB).
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open
Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerdhgardh website at:
January 11: Slovania: The Village of Goldfields
Webmaster, the Vintyri Project (TM)
Internet: http://www.vintyri.org <http://www.vintyri.org>
E-Mail: info-at-vintyri.org <mailto:info-at-vintyri.org>
The Vintyri Project is a non-commercial service
Nbossoftware mailing list