[nbos] [FM8] Joerdhgardh Map of Week #180 Released"Mark Oliva" Mon Nov 17th, 2014
With the 180th Map of the Week, we take a look at Witch Towers, the ruling
seat of the northwestern island kingdom Northland, the largest realm of the
Dark Elves known in the western joerdh. Northland is under the harsh rule
of the Witch Queen Luohi, who has robbed most of her dark elven subjects of
a part of their intelligence in order to use it to augment her own power.
Key to the Map of Witch Towers:
GAME MASTER'S NOTE: Graphically, the map shows Witch Towers during the warm
season. During the cold part of the year, most of this area is under snow.
The unnumbered buildings all are dark elf huts.
1. Blackcastle. The dark elven Witch Queen Luohi's castle complex.
2. Black Mountain. 2,000 feet/600 meters high.
3. Magic Castle. Home to the Witch Queen's wizards and sorcerers who deal
mainly in conjuration, transmutation, evocation and abjuration.
4. Lightning Mountain. 1,800 feet/540 meters high.
5. Castle of the Eye. Home to the Witch Queen's wizards and sorcerers who
deal mainly in divination.
6. Bearmount. 2,300 feet/780 meters.
7. Uncastle. Home to the Witch Queen's wizards and sorcerers who deal
mainly in illusion and enchantment.
8. Kettlemount. 1,600 feet/480 meters.
9. Northguard. 1,700 feet/540 meters.
10. Southguard. 1,500 feet/450 meters.
11. Mill Valley. The areas north of the Grainfrost River and the north
millstream confluence have stony soil ill-suited for farming.
12. Grainfrost River.
13. North Millpond.
14. Northmill A small sawmill with a bottom driven waterwheel and three
15. North Millstream.
16. Stormroad. Leads to Stormfields, about 250 miles/400 km to the east.
18. Meat Packing Plant.
20. South Millpond.
21. South Millstream.
22. Southmill. A grain mill with a bottom driven waterwheel and three
23. Speakers House. This is something of a döark elven village hall.
24. West Trail. This poor road leads to West Bay, some 700 miles/1,120 km
to the northwest. It seldom bears traffic.
You can get this map in two versions from the Joerdhgardh website.
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (33 MB).
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 Pixels x 1000 Pixels, (630 KB), available with
the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open
Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerdhgardh website at:
Next Week: Northland - Southport
Webmaster, the Vintyri Project (TM)
Internet: http://www.vintyri.org <http://www.vintyri.org>
E-Mail: info-at-vintyri.org <mailto:info-at-vintyri.org>
The Vintyri Project is a non-commercial service
Nbossoftware mailing list