Jörðgarð Map of Week #286 - Kaðlín's Orc Lair
|Description:||The 286th Map of the Week continues in the dragon þurí's lair. The battlemap is from the second Jörðgarð (TM) Trails adventure on the Fallen Empire Trail, "Draug Hunters." This week's map shows the cave of the orcs that serve the female red draug named Kaðlín who is enslaved to þurí's will.
Key to the Map:
The orcs make their encampment in the northwest corner of their cave. The orc encampment is blocked by a wooden barrier which can be removed rather quickly.
1. Timber Barriers. These stacks of timber are about 5 feet/150 cm high, about 6 feet/180 cm deep and 10 to 15 feet/300 to 450 cm long. Caltrops are scattered in the openings between the timber piles. The caltrops are shown on the battlemaps, but they are small and – depending upon system resources – may not be very visible on some computer screens or printouts without using zoom options.
2. Torches. The torches are the only illumination in the cave. All of the torches are on stands 4 feet/120 cm high, which hold the torches upright.
3. Encampment. The orcs' sleeping bags encircle a large campfire. Backpacks and other gear are on the cavern floor by some of the sleeping bags.
4. Cooking Fire. The main entrée usually is venison.
5. Partly Slaughtered Deer
6. Weapon Racks
You can get this battlemap in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (6 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 x 1100 Pixels (500 KB), available with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next week: Dragon Encounter
The Vintyri (TM) Project