Jörðgarð Map of Week #207 - Weathercrown Tower
|Description:||The 207th Map of the Week shows the floors of the tower of draug (undead) Baron Haukvaldur the ruins of the Æsir village of Weathercrown. These floor plans detail a specific encounter in the Jörðgarð (TM) adventure "Too Many Clues". In this encounter, the PCs have a chance to destroy the two top draugs in Weathercrown, the baron, who is a black necromancer, and his troop Commander þorður. The only means for entering the tower is throught the Weathercrown dungeon (last week's Map of the Week).
Key to the Tower Dungeon Plans
Above Dungeon Level:
1. The Trapdoor from the dungeon level.
2. Chests. This baron's treasury. The chests contain old Æsir coins – mostly gold pieces – with a total value of 20,000 GP.
3. Stone Spiral Staircase. Leads upward.
4. Wooden Door, not locked.
The Way Upward:
5. The Stairs Upward. The stairway ascends to a height of 50 feet/15 meters before reaching the draug baron's chamber. The windows and arrow slits of the tower all have been bricked shut and all floors between
the ground level and the baron's chamber have been removed. At 40 feet/12 meters height, there is a large door opening that has been bricked shut. If the PCs manage to break this open, draugs will be unable to ascend
and descend during daytime hours because daylight will come through the opening.
The Baron's Chamber:
6. The Stairs Upward. See No. 5 above.
7. Baron Haukvaldur
8. Commander þorður
9. Bookcases and Desk. The bookcases are mostly empty, but they do still hold a few parchment tomes on black necromantic magic as well as ledger books dealing with the collection of taxes and tithes going back to
the time of the fallen Æsir Empire.
10. The Baron's Necromantic Workbench. Various spell components and a spell book with the baron's known black necromantic spells are on the workbench.
12. Ladder to Upper Level. This ladder leads to the top level of the tower, where a wooden stairway leads
to a trapdoor that opens onto its roof. The top level originally had been used as a watchpost and guard level,
but its openings all have been bricked shut. The trapdoor to the roof is not locked. This level, not shown on
the floor plans, is empty.
You can get these dungeon plans in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (6.5 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As three JPG flat maps of 1360 x 1360 Pixels each (2 MB), available with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next Week: The Fallen Empire
The Vintyri (TM) Project