Jörðgarð Map of Week #190 - Draug Safe Camp
|Description:||With the 190th Map of the Week, we take a look at a typical underground safe camp used by draugs (undead) in Slovania's Border March to shelter themselves from daylight, which is deadly to them. Draug raiding parties in the Border March usually comprise a low-level draug sorcerer and three or four orc warriors. Most safe camps that the orcs build for their draug leaders are identical. Therefore, this can be used as a template for all safe camps.
Key to the Safe Camp Dungeon Plan:
1. A safe camp is entered by a vertical shaft about 20 feet/6 meters deep ending at a crude wooden door.
2. Directly behind the door the orcs build a wooden barrier that helps shield them from attackers. They shoot arrows across the barrier at anyone trying to enter.
3. Orc sleeping area. At least one orc always is on guard.
4. Draug's corner. (Draugs do not sleep.)
5. Supplies & debris.
You can get this map in two versions:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (2.3 MB) from the Jörðgarð website.
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 Pixels x 980 Pixels (510 KB), available with the hyperlink below.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð website at:
Next Week: Brigands
The Vintyri (TM) Project