Jörðgarð Map of Week #90 - Beheaded Draug Inn
|Description:||With the 90th Map of the Week we return from our Christmas vacation and continue in the Slovanian town of East Fortrees with a look at the Beheaded Draug Inn.
Key to the Floor Plan of the Dreaded Draug
In a battle many year ago, two dark rider draugs led a small host of draugs and orcs in a nighttime attack against the fortress. A Slovanian wizard in the margrave's host managed to bring down one of the dark rider draugs with a spell. Slovanian warriors then captured the body and decapitated the helpless dark rider draug, whose dessicated head now hangs on the wall like a hunting trophy in the inn. The commanders of the fortress still have not heeded the warnings of the Northern Circle. Its white necromancers have told the Slovanians that as long as the head hangs on the wall undestroyed, the dark rider draug could be reanimated at any time and then wreak horrible damage upon the fortress.
The Beheaded Draug is anything but a typical inn. It's a government-owned structure that runs mainly under a contract with the military of the march. The inn's main business is to serve as a mess hall for the officers and soldiers stationed in the garrison. To this end, the military pays innkeeper Svatava a ration fee of 21 gold pieces per soldier monthly (equal to 7 bronze pieces daily). For this fee, each officer and soldier is entitled to breakfast, a noon dinner and supper. They also are entitled to a pint of beer each with dinner and supper. They have to pay for refills out of their own pockets at normal prices. The menu varies daily, but the choice is limited between two entrées at each mail daily. Civilians and travelers passing through must pay 3 bronze pieces for breakfast and a silver piece each for the noon and evening meals. Svatava's lager beer costs 4 copper pieces for a pint/half-liter tankard. There are no single or double rooms for travelers. The inn's third story is an open bay with 17 beds available at 4 bronze pieces per person. No wardrobes or such are available. Each overnight guest is allotted one foot locker and they key needed to lock it. What dösn't fit must be kept on the bed or on the floor.
Cellar (not mapped):
This is a storage area with nothing of any particular value.
1. Stairway to 2nd story.
2. The draug's head. The head of the dark rider draug is mounted on a board, just like a hunter's trophy from a taxidermist.
4. Cleaning closet. It also contains the shaft from the 2nd story jakes.
6. Stairway to the cellar.
7. Main public room. This room is reserved for military officers, master artisans and the shopkeeper Frantishek. Travelers may eat here or on the second story, whichever they prefer.
8. Stairway to the ground floor.
9. Stairway to the 3rd story.
10. Dining area.
11. Beer tap.
12. Broom Closet.
14. Stairway to the 2nd story.
15. Stairway to the 4th story.
16. Jakes. Many guests prefer to use the 2nd story jakes, which is open around the clock. This jakes usually has a putrid smell. It has no offal shaft. Instead, the droppings land on a pan beneath the hole. It's emptied by a room maid once daily.
17. Sleeping bay.
Fourth Story: (not mapped)
Jolana, Ruzhena, Oliver, Nikola and Kristýna have rooms on this level.
Fifth Story: (not mapped)
This level is divided into two small apartments. Jóhann and Oldrzhishka have the north apartment; Pavel and Barbora have the south apartment.
Sixth Story: (not mapped)
This level also is divided into two small apartments. Svatava has the north apartment; Barnabásh and Regina have the south apartment.
You can get the floor plans in two versions from the Jördhgardh web site:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (6.6 MB).
2. As three JPG flat maps of 1360 Pixels x 780 Pixels each (total 1.4 MB).
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jördhgardh website at:
Next week: Slovania - the Black Fortress
Webmaster, the Vintyri Project (TM)
The Vintyri Project is a non-commercial service