[nbos] [FM8] Joerdhgardh Map of Week #93 Released"Mark Oliva" Sun Jan 27th, 2013
With the 93rd Map of the Week we continue in the Slovanian Border March with
a look at a typical border area settlement.
There are two basic kinds of small settlements in the Border March and
elsewhere in Slovania, inland settlements and border region settlements.
Today, we look at the first of the two types. This map is not of a specific
settlement but rather typical for most border area settlements.
Key to the map of a typical border region settlement
The unnumbered buildings all are wooden farmhouses and barns with wooden
outhouses. All of the structures have wood shingle roofs.
1. Outer farm fields.
2. Main gate. The doors are of heavy wood.
3. Wooden towers. Each is 30 feet/9m high.
5. Public well.
6. Semaphore. These towers are the only stone structures in the
settlement. They stand 50 ft/15 m high. A bonfire is lit atop the tower to
warn other settlements of impending danger.
7. Observation tower. The wooden tower is 40 feet/12 m high. Guards atop
the tower keep watch over the surrounding area seeking signs of danger.
You can get the map in two versions from the Joerdhgardh website:
1. The Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 version in FMP format, fully editable (16 MB).
2. As a JPG flat map of 1360 Pixels x 1020 Pixels (665 KB).
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open
Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerdhgardh website at:
Next week: Slovania - a typical inland settlement
Webmaster, the Vintyri Project (TM)
Internet: http://www.vintyri.org <http://www.vintyri.org>
E-Mail: info-at-vintyri.org <mailto:info-at-vintyri.org>
The Vintyri Project is a non-commercial service
Nbossoftware mailing list