[nbos] [FM8] Joerdhgardh Map of the Week #28 Released
"Mark Oliva"
Sat Sep 17th, 2011
We're doing some massive remodeling of our building, one that had the
electricity out for several days. Unfortunately, it was turned off before we
could get out the E-Mail messages on Monday's map of the week or update our
website. We managed to get the site updated Tuesday in a brief period when
the electricity was back on, but after that it was mini-vacation. The
electricity is back on again now, so here's the message at last.

The 28th Joerdhgardh (TM) Map-of-the-Week release shows shows us the ruins
of the AustamAEra town of Hagoerdh in the remains of the fallen AEsir
Empire. Eight of the nine dark draugs (similar to OGL 3.5 Liches) dwell in
the ruins of the empire. The dark draug Mumnir lairs in Hagoerdh. The last
of the eight, Mýsing, and his lair will be detailed after Hagoerdh. As in
the locations where the other dark draugs dwell, Hagoerdh is a lifeless
village. Its trees are dead and only the brown waste of old plants and
grasses cover the ground. Many buildings are ruins. When Mumnir came to
the ghost town that had been Hagoerdh, only hollow shells remained of the
three structures. Large holes were in the roofs, with the broken slate
tiles scattered in the dying weeds that had grown in what had been the
floors beneath the gaping openings they once covered. Mumnir ordered his
orcs to cannibalize still intact lumber, lattices and clay roof tiles from
other ruins and to restore the castle and the administrative building with
them. He had no source of new construction materials. The coach house and
stable building was of no use to the dark draug or his orcs. It remained
untouched, allowed to continue to slowly crumble, like the rest of Hagoerdh.

Key to the Map of Hagoerdh

1. Millpond on the Hrídh River.

2. Hrídh River.

3. Millstream.

4. Sawmill ruin.

5. Grain mill ruin.

6. Castle - draugs' lair. (Separately mapped, beginning with next week's

7. Administrative building - orcs' lair. (Separately mapped, the following
weeks' releases.)

8. Ruin of the coach house and stall.

You can get this map in two versions:

1. The original Fractal Mapper (TM) 8 map in FMP format, fully editable,
from our Joerdhgardh web page (23 MB). This version includes a 14-page PDF
pamphlet that tells you how to use the map in FM8.

2. As a JPG flat map, 1360 x 1020 pixels (1 MB), available above.

Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open
Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Joerdhgardh web site.

The Joerdhgardh web site:


Next Week: Mumnir's Castle

Mark Oliva
Webmaster, the Vintyri Project (TM)
Internet: http://www.vintyri.org <http://www.vintyri.org>
E-Mail: info-at-vintyri.org <mailto:info-at-vintyri.org>

Am Hasenloehle 12
91481 Altershausen, Germany
Tel.: +49 9166 99 54 10

Oliva Steigerwald EDV Verlag
Inh. Gerdi Oliva
USt-IdNr.: DE133935450
Gewerbeanmeldung: Verwaltungsgemeinschaft Diespeck

(This information is required by German law.)

Nbossoftware mailing list

Copyright © 2003-2007, NBOS Software. All rights reserved. 'Fractal Mapper', 'ScreenMonkey', 'Character Sketcher', 'Inspiration Pad', 'Fractal World Explorer', 'Goblin API', 'AstroSynthesis' are trademarks of NBOS Software. 'Dwarven Beserker' art by V. Shane.
Member contributed resources